View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #196
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux View Post
Not to defend him but Cotto had the right promoter and being a Puerto Rican boxer does have it's benefits in America and he does make exciting fights too. They should follow the rules though still just so I am not misunderstood. Could Ajose of gone to America like Sam Peter did?

Witter's style had similar problems in his career too and yet you were accusing him of ducking Ajose so you are over biased for him which I guess is understandable since you worked with him.
I know Witter did duck Ajose. Ajose was his commonwealth mandatory contender for a while but they chose not to have the fight. Biased I may be but then you cannot be disspassionate about your fighter. When Witter lost to Bradley they finally enquired about fighting Ajose and when a counter offer was made they went silent so read into that what you may. I am not saying Witter was not avoided in his day either but he was definitewly beatable by the right guys.

Well you can always say perhaps he should have gone to America at the begin like Samuel Peter. I am not sure but the boys who go to the states seem to get more opportunity. Lateef the Power Kayode fought Antonio Tarver at the weekend. Great exposure with both guys coming out with credit.

Last edited by Olu G. Rotimi; 06-05-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links