Old 06-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hardest Hitting Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillB View Post
Who was the hardest hitting heavyweight?

Here are some names I've heard mentioned:

Bob Fitzsimmons
Max Baer
Joe Louis
Rocky Marciano
Sonny Liston
George Foreman
Earnie Shavers

My guess is that George Foreman would have struck the hardest single blow, but who knows.
Pretty sure I'd go with either Big George or Big Max on one shot power? Although then again did Ali say Shavers hit him harder than anyone? I know Curtis Hatchet Man Sheppard said Louis could really hurt you but Baer could KILL YOU by accident - that's how hard he hit - Jersey Jow Walcott called Marciano a harder puncher with each shot than Louis so bizarrely is Louis last on this list in terms of one shot power - hard to swallow if you've seen the right hand that Uzcudun swallowed from him?? Oh actually no Fitz is on there isn't he so I'd definately have him as overpowering Louis - suppose Fitz was uncanny for his size/frame/weight but I just can't fathom that he could have generated the kind of power those other monsters could bomb you with so if I was forced at gun point I'd probably have it:

Foreman
Baer
Marciano
Shavers
Louis
Liston
Fitz

Only one that rattles me in terms of position is Liston tbh but he's definately more powerful overall than Fitz no doubt whatsoever
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top