jonnytightlips
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 900
Default Re: The 'what fights did you watch today?' thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971791 View Post
I've been watching quite a few fights over the last two days:

Arce vs Hussein I - absolute war, although Arce was having the better of it most of the time. Support for him was amazing, thanks to the large contingent of Mexicans there for Morales vs Pacquiao - you rarely hear that kind of noise for a PPV undercard fight.

Arce vs Hussein II - not as entertaining as the first one, obviously, but Arce showed his class. Big difference in sound as Judah vs Mayweather was the main event.

Corrales vs Castillo II - another war, one-sided in terms of rounds for Castillo, but both landed a lot in the four rounds.

Arce vs Álvarez - another good Arce fight (quite a few of these ). Last two fights had a guy missing the weight limit by a mile, luckily it didn't affect Arce too much.

Freitas vs Corrales - I only knew the result and the close-ish scorecards before I watched this, I was surprised by how much Freitas dominated the first six rounds. He was expending a lot of energy with his power shots, but he was winning the rounds (I had it 5-1 after six) and dishing out a lot of punishment, before Corrales caught up in the eighth round with the first knockdown. The quitting was understandable I suppose, it was only going to get worse.

EDIT: Just watched Freitas vs Ramírez - oh, that was a beuatiful little fight.
Freitas - Barrios is another great fight.
jonnytightlips is offline  Top