View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #69
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213
Default Re: Could Ali Get Away With This Against Wlad?

In this case I believe Ali and Wlad both excel at their own distinct styles to the point that there's no blueprint to go on for predicting how the fight pans out. Neither fighter has been even close to getting outboxed during their prime years, and I don't think this is a fight where it's going to be decided by one big shot, so it comes down to boxing and stamina for me. Maybe Ali was good enough to outbox Wlad and get the decision. I just can't visualise this one and at this level I don't think it's enough to just go on attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk View Post
that's true. sadly it's all they've got. not their fault, of course, they beat what there is to beat, but don't mistake beating up the likes of thompson, haye and arreola with mixing with the likes of foreman, frazier and ali.
Let's stick with Wlad, rather than talking about both brothers and confusing things. Wlad's best wins are probably Byrd, Chagaev, Ibragimov, Haye and the first fight with Peter. Thompson is not one of Wladimir's absolute best opponents. I know Wlad's resume isn't as good as Ali's, but at least list Wlad's best wins when you mention Foreman and Frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2k987 View Post
A mechanical guy like Wlad would be figured out in a couple of rounds and then taken apart by Ali.
It's not really a question of figuring out. Everyone knows what Wlad does in the ring but nobody stops him doing it.

Mechanical, or textbook?
Squire is offline  Top