View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #141
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527
Default Re: Could Ali Get Away With This Against Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb View Post
I'll give you Foreman as a puncher, but remember he was only 6'3" 220 in his prime, and not as fast or fluid as Wlad. Lyle? He had a 60% KO ratio. Shavers had a 76% KO ratio. Wladimir has an 83% KO ratio.

Keep in mind that Shavers was all of 6' and 205-210lbs in his prime, Lyle 6'3" and 215. Even Bugner was only 6'4" and 220. That simply isn't the same a 6'6" and 240-250, especially when Wladimir is more physically talented and more skilled then any of the above mentioned three fighters. Furthermore, as to Wlad's chin versus Ali's chin, keep in mind that Ali was often the bigger man in the ring but only managed a 57% KO ratio, so I just do not see his punching power being the deciding factor in a fighter versus an elite super heavy. Also remember that the average heavy today is in the 225-235 range, much bigger than Ali's time.
This does not make sense, I was not suggesting Ali's power would be too much for Wlad. Ali's chin is proven, Wlad's is not. I just think mentally Wlad is not prepared for such an opponent, when he's been down he's either TKO'd or Ret he has never shown the will, courage, heart and character to get back up and win the fight. This is where I think he fails.
tezel8764 is offline  Top