View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Anthony Johnson moves to 205

Seriously how the F did this guy ever make 170?!!?!!! He moves up still can't make weight. He'd be better off moving to heavy.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29706/with...resh-start.mma

Standing next to the 6-foot-2 Anthony Johnson (11-4), it's hard to believe the broad-shouldered slugger ever found a way to make it down to 170 pounds.

And while his critics would immediately point to the four times Johnson has missed weight in his 15 professional bouts, "Rumble" isn't interested in arguing about the past.

After electing to make the move to light heavyweight, Johnson insists he's happier than ever. The stress and worries that once accompanied his fighting career are gone, and at 28 years old, Johnson feels he's making a new start to his career.

"It is a new start," Johnson told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "It's now or never, and I still have a lot of improving to do, especially being at 205 pounds. There are good strikers, good ground guys. There are guys like Lyoto Machida at 205 pounds. He's a threat to anybody. We'll see. I'm just excited about it, and we'll see what I can do."
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links