Old 07-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #18
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Naz/Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broony View Post
Good point, sometimes easy to relate arrogance with lack of determination when they lose
Exactly.

TBH, I was waiting for someone to out fox Hamed for a long time. I was a fan of him as a personality. I thought he was dynamite and GREAT for boxing. But i was less keen on his style and the way he boxed. Growing up in a household where everything was about admiring technique and sound fundamentals, Hamed never appealed in that sense.

I actually won pretty big on Hamed/Barrera in the betting stakes. That fight and the Hopkins/Pavlik one are the two fights that have given me the biggest return. I normally don't wager big or often on anything. Not really a gambling man. But Hamed/Barrera was too good to turn down. Sounds crazy for someone who doesn't wager often, but I actually (along with my pops) put a grand on that fight, that's how confident i was of a Barrera victory.

Sometimes we get suckered and we go for the live underdog, but those little old men in Vegas and betting shops are right about 80% of the time when they list a favourite, and there's a favourite for a reason. They are not in the business of losing money. I usually bet the favourites in fights. But i knew Barrera was a lock and at 6 to 1 i couldn't resist. Made seeing Hamed lose a little easier to bare.
slip&counter is offline  Top