Old 07-23-2012, 06:32 AM   #40
round15
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Razor Ruddock vs Rid**** Bowe + question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbiano View Post
Are you ****ing crazy? He loses to at least 20 heavyweights that night, probably more. Literally that version of Lewis could be beaten by someone with a great chin and a fairly big punch. It wasn't till after the McCall loss that Lennox became a H2H great, mixing his great power with his boxing skills and sharp defence.
Lewis was hungry, in shape, accurate and focused that night. This is what it takes to be a champion. Plus he had a little revenge incentive going on in his head too considering Ruddock had beaten him before.

Yeah, I do agree with you to a certain extent. He needed the McCall, Rahman, Grant, Briggs and Holyfield experiences to shape and reshape his foundation of greatness.

Perhaps we could say, the older Lewis' mindset with this conditioning would be extremely hard to beat. Still, there aren't many who are beating this version of Lewis IMO.

And, I ain't crazy either. I know this sport, educate this sport and train this sport. Watch who you call crazy and try not to use the four letter words to get a point across. Kinda amateur if you really think about.
round15 is offline  Top