07-26-2012, 02:18 PM
East Side VIP
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Garden Of England
Re: Muhammad Ali and the controversial fights?
Originally Posted by frankenfrank
Ali did not want 2 quit in Frazier #3 . He wanted 2 cheat , like in Cooper #1 . Did he tell Mirena 2 cut his glove or his gloves ?
Anyway he collapsed in2 unconsciousness later after being announced as d winner , so if Frazier had 2 functioning eyes 2 begin with .. it would have been Frazier TKO15 Ali . 2b fair , Ali was 33 at d time . But ppl don't know how drastic d outcome would have been in Cooper #1 and Foreman under legit circumstances , and that he in noway deserved a win in neither d Doug Jones fight nor d Chuvalo #1 fight .
Some of Ali's highest profile opponents were hindered 2 begin with : Joe Frazier by having only 1 functioning I , Henry Cooper & Jerry Quarry by being so prone 2 cuts . Zora Folley and Cleveland Williams by age , Williams literally shot (1 kidney instead of 2 due 2 it) , and both far from great even whilst in their prime years prior 2 facing Ali .
Floyd Patterson had n injury in his back in their 1st fight , was 37 years old in their rematch and was always undersized @ HW except vs Archie Wright .
Wright , Patterson , Cooper , Jones , Ellis , Bonavena , Quarry were all undersized heavies .
Ali used 2 :
1) have physical advantages over most opponents (all except Foreman)
2) cheat and enjoy Mirena's crimes (Cooper #1 , Zaire 1974 and probably loaded gloves)
3) receive gifts from bribed judges (Alonzo Johnson , Jones , Chuvalo , Norton , Young , Shavers)
4) receive tolerance from bribed referees
5) enjoy professional wrestling fixes in his favor , i m convinced Liston #1 & #2 were not d only 1s .
Some legacy .