Old 07-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #116
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667
Default Re: *Grzegorz Proksa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregy741 View Post

proksa make this British bum looks like a clown...
tho he was a bit ****y and had no defense whatsoever,fighting with his hands down...in his post fight he said he wanted to embarrass hope
Typical post from you and your obsession with Britain. I don't call honest pro fighters "bums" because they are the foundations that boxing is built on. They are journeymen. They are essential to real talents who have to learn their trade and make errors on the way up. Proksa being an example of someone with ability, but who would have been battered if he was thrown in with a top opponent in his 5th fight, because he is learning the game.

I will use the term bum for a lazy, out of shape fighter who just turns up to get some money, but Hope is just a journeyman. And the fact is that that journeyman who nobody in Britain knew anything about gave Proksa real trouble in the first fight. But Proksa learnt from it and stepped it up in the rematch. That's what journeymen provide for the sport.

Why you think it is some huge achievement to make him "look like a clown" is beyond me. He SHOULD be making that level of opponent look like a clown, he actually shouldn't even be in the position of having rematches with that level of opposition.

Now put him in with a domestic level British fighter like Murray or Billy Joe Saunders and see how he fares.
Strike is offline  Top