View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #9
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How Would Marvin Hagler Do @ Light Heavyweight?

I believe Marvin would do well if he could maintain the same movement at 160. Marvin did exceptionally well against taller opponents because of the ease with which he was able to slip under punches.

The matchup he might do well to avoid is against Qawi who was actually shorter than Marv. But who knows? The version who showed with Spinks might also show up against Marv. If not, Marvin could be in for a long night.

A match with Spinks could also be in Marvin's favor. Anyone who would confuse Hagler with Mustafa Wassaja must not be taken seriously and should leave the forum.

Micheal actually had a lead foot in the ring which is to say his mobility was average compared when with Marvin's. when you look at how a half blind, weight drained EMM held his own and how a battle fatigued 34 year old Eddie Davis came so close to getting the decision (on my card) I'd say Marvin's chances look pretty good.

I actually favor Hagler by a shade vs. Donny Lalonde even though I know he was most likely shot by then. He might stand a better chance with Donny rather than with Collins at middleweight because of the inexperience. Hagler by close decision
redrooster is offline  Top