View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 07:07 PM   #17
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Dana White: Dissolving of PRIDE Fighting Championships a “Possibility”

One thing the UFC can do is meet prides weight classes halfway. Increasing cap on weight limits by a little and removing the cap for heavyweight so naturally huge guys can come in and fight, like Mark Hunt. It's not like its going to be a freak show, if you get fat lops in there they are going to be dismantled quickly.

Maybe another thing they can do is keep their lightest weight class as is? I don't remember off the top of my head what the weight classes were, but then they might also introduce a yearly, or bi yearly Grand Prix, with everything from lightweight to middleweight compete, and everything from light heavy and heavy compete.

Thats just the best way I can picture it. It allows for more belts to be held, more cards and more opportunity for so many fighters.

For Grand prix fights, maybe they could be held in a ring with rules as close as possible to prides, and have them held out of country where rules can be more easily adjusted.
Koa is offline  Top