Old 08-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #93
round15
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Naseem hammed should have been great

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Most of that wouldn't work with Hamed's style, you can't completely reformulate a boxer. Part of his strength was dropping his hands to force and exchange or to draw a counter. His reflexes at his best are good but he overly focused on exchanging at the expense of punch slipping.

He needed to work with someone like Herol Graham and trained harder. He did used to use far more movement and went to the body more earlier in his career. He got complacent by the end

I think Hamed overall has become massively underrated off 1 fight. No one rips Morales skills to shreds for his losses against Barrera and him getting outboxed by Espadas (gift decision) and Raheem, do they? Everyone overrates Morales and disparages Hamed and in most part it's due to personality.
Dropping the hands gets you knocked out. I'd have Prince do more feinting, rolling and slipping. Not necessarily all traditional boxing, but still keep some aspec of using his strengths properly rather than the awkward BS he pulls. Angles come from setting up your opponent to land the counter shot they don't realize is coming.

Still, If I were training him. That four punch combo would be a staple of his attack. It doesn't always have to be in sequence, but can be timed and mixed into his attack. The point is to keep the points on the scorecard without the nonsense of dropping your hands and getting hit.
round15 is offline  Top