View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Does Jon Jones have the best GnP in MMA history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
He looses his reach advantage immediately. Secondly Jones is hardly known for his power so how does he keep a 240lb heavy who's bigger stronger and taller than him 'honest'? His striking isn't exactly of a K1 or Muay Thai level so how does he hurt them? How does he defend the TD? Etc etc. At heavy there's far more questions. At heavy he just becomes the same as everyone else except an undersized tweener. Putting the likes of Rampage Shogun et al away is very different to facing a guy like JDS, Cain, Carwin, Overeem, Cormier, Barnett etc.
This is my major concern for Jones at heavyweight.

I think he will still be able to take people down at hw and I think his striking will still be effective, he has a lot of attributes that will make him a difficult proposition at heavyweight - speed, unorthodoxy, length, cardio, takedowns, etc.

But I agree, I don't think he has the power to keep guys off him when they come at him. For me, JJ just will not have the power to back Cigano or Cormier off him when they close the distance, he will land on them but I don't think it'll do much to stop them launching their attacks.
Kittikasem is offline  Top