View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #41
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Jon Jones have the best GnP in MMA history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
No i'm not. My opinion is based on what i saw in those mens fights. GnP is GnP which ever way you want to paint it. If Jones GnP was that good people would be talking about it the same way we talked about Fedor's. Therefore your comparison in my eyes is completely invalid.
Again Tito finished more of his fights with soild GnP. Laugh at it all you want but Ken Tito WAS a super fight and Ken was giving the worst beating of his life. If you was watching MMA circa 2002/3 you'd know that and would't be making light of it just to make a semantic and specious point about what you perceive to be a more varied GnP.
When Jones does what Vovchancyn did to Inoue who he left in a hospital for 3 months with a swollen brain let me know. As the last i checked Shogun survived 5 rounds with your apparent 'flick of the wrist' on the ground.
The fight was stopped in the 3rd.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/fan_shot_im.../15_medium.gif

I don't know what Shogun's level of conditioning was for this fight, because of how hard he worked off his back in the 1st round after being dropped. Jones almost/did win the fight with a Hail Marry. The opening knee landed by Jones was the biggest factor of the fight. That blow almost ended the bout, and Shogun was exhausted at the end of the 1st. The fight couldn't have gone better for Jones.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top