View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:49 AM   #19
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who do you rank higher at heavyweight: Werdum or Couture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
And tbh Iīm not impressed by Werdum wins.....Overeem was clearly nothing like he is today, Fedor already past prime, and I wouldnīt say Aleks is a better win than Rizzo, canīt see it....
Overeem wasn't what he was today, but he was still a good win. He had TKO'd Kharitonov in his previous fight and then beat Belfort in his next fight, so he was clearly still a high-level fighter beating tough comp.

Fedor was past-prime for sure, but he had still shown the power and skills to brutally finish Arlovski and Rogers not long before, so he wasn't so far declined that beating him wasn't a great win, it was. Fedor dropped and hurt Werdum remember, he didn't just go out there and fight like an old man. Werdum beat him by technique, it deserves credit even though Fedor was not the fighter he once was. I believe the Fedor of that night would probably still beat most if not all of the best guys Couture ever beat at heavyweight.

I think Aleks would've beaten Rizzo, but that's just an opinion, can't really prove it. I think Aleks was better.
Kittikasem is offline  Top