View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #50
CocoonOfHorror!
LONG-TIME LURKER!
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2043
Default Re: Who rates higher for you at heavy? Jeffries or Wlad Klitschko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock0052 View Post
Today's rule set and environment? It's Wlad.

Jeffries is one of those guys who was built to excel in his era, and I don't say that as an insult. The differences between the two fighting environments make Jim a hell of a lot harder to beat in his day than today. If we took modern guys and threw them back against Jim with smaller gloves, 45 round limits, and amount of wrestling on the inside, most of them wouldn't be able to make the grade from the conditioning factor alone.

In a 12 round, more sanitized boxing match where much of the evironmental stresses have been eliminated, Jeffries loses his edge because he thrived under those conditions rather than pure skill. Eliminate them, and you take out a big chunk of what made him so damn hard to beat.
I hear you Rock! That's why I think it's only fair to rate guys on what they did in their own era. Things have changed too much not to! I think Wlad passed JJJ up by one place last year. He hasn't gone up any for me this year but he's only had a stay busy fight and a mandatory nobody really wanted. But he's stoll doing what he's got to do and staying on top.
CocoonOfHorror! is offline  Top