Old 08-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #22
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam ***ton View Post
It depends on a whole range of things but I would recommend this for most people mate. Too many people have carb heavy diets and don't include enough healthy fats.

One of the main reasons for me is that carbs spike your insulin, which unless you've just done a workout, is something you want to try and avoid. Give it a try for a few weeks and see how you feel.
Interesting. I read somewhere that carbs pre-workout is good for energy, so I've been trying to eat a bowl of oatmeal or a turkey sandwich on wheat 1.5-2 hrs before working out. My breakfasts/lunches usually contain more carbs than fat/protein too. I'll try limting my carb intake to post-workout and see how it goes. Doesn't the insulin spike depend on the type of carbs too though?

And there was that one college professor who lost like 30 pounds eating mostly twinkies and other dessert foods to prove that calories in vs. calories out is all that matters for weight loss. Read about some lady who also lost like 30 pounds eating nothing but McDonald's but staying within a restricted calorie range. Still, I don't think I'd ever want to try anything like that.

Last edited by Brand NOOBian; 08-14-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top