Old 08-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #16
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: James toney: The best I've faced

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
When you make it look as easy as he did, apparently it makes you one-dimensional Jones could K you TFO or win every round of the fight.

Crazy how underrated his skills are by the casual fans.
Turbo you have been a nice addition to this forum, in spite of your blatant DLH bias (no disrespect meant!)...But Bokaj is not a casual fan IMHO, if that is what you are implying.

I don't want to put words into Bokaj's mouth, but I understand him to be saying what I am thinking and what most others are implying...it is not a disrespect to RJJ at all who is an ATG clearly...it was IMHo a refrence to mcCallums's superior boxing skills, and understanding of fundemantals. RJJ is physically gifted as very few others are, and he combined that with his highly gifted skillset....But much of his greatness was due to his physical giftedness and natural athleticism/reflexes and such...where mcCallum was nowhere near as physically gifted and had to master his craft at a higher level to even be in the stratosphere of RJJ. it is not a comparrison of who was better, that is RJJ pretty clearly....but rather who had the higher technical proficincy!

Last edited by PhillyPhan69; 08-14-2012 at 05:04 PM.
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top