Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #616
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: ESB ATGs Muay Thai / KickBoxing fighters Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
Who did Petrosyan duck? Petro fought Buakaw when he was tearing the the world of kickboxing apart and at his best, and he has fought and easily handled the much bigger Kyshenko, why should he be afraid of JWP?

Petrosyan is far too good of a fighter to be counted out against anyone, JWP included. I would agree Petro would lose a clinch battle with Parr. the clinch isnt the only factor in muaythai and I dont see any evidence that he would have difficulty with elbows given his defence, movement and the fact that he has fought under FTR before.

under FTR, Petrosyan is the underdog... slightly. Under kickboxing rules however Giorgio is a huge favourite over Parr.

Both fighters have fought under both rules. Fighters are going to gravitate to rules they excel at. This "Petrosyan being scared" shit is garbage.
Hey Yaca take it easy mate. Both Pira and I are talking in an MT context. I agree under K1 kickboxing Petro would probabaly have taken it, but nder FMT JWP takes it. You know me I'm not a huge Petro fan but admit in the Kickboxing world he's the man to beat and a great fighter to watch. I just like stirring a little when it comes to Petro cos of the Buakaw robbery, I'll never forgive that!

Rememberunder MT rules Petro lost pretty convincingly to Buakaw (robbery) and the thing with Buakaw as you know well Yaca is he isn't nd never has been the best Thai at his weight. Ebven though I'm a massive Buakaw fan and I rate him as an ATG he never won either a Raja or Lumpinee stadium title.

In response to "the clinch isnt the only factor in muaythai" I agree, but it dramatically changes the style and way you approach your fight if you are used to fighting without it. It changes the game totally. As you say hs's more suited to KB than MT, but it seems strange to me that as he apparently came form an MT background and is such a big dog internationally why he never fights in Thailand anymore since he got beat. It puzzles me... I find it way to wierd. Cos to be fully respected you gotta take it to the Thais. Let's face it Kickboxing these days is just MT styled techniques just without the clinch, elbows etc.

And in answer to the last point about being scared. Now I've seen this many times, no matter how good or how famous some guys just have a mental barrier of fighting a Thai FTR and everything that brings with it. Of course Perto ain't scared of fighting guys, he's a vetran fighter, but alot of guys have this apprehension when it comes to the Thais reputation especially when fighting in Thailand, it can get to some guys mental and cause them problems. Maybe this is the case with Petro who knows?

And remember FTR in Europe isn't really full Thai rules at all. What I mean by that is your face can be cut to shreds by elbows in Thailand and the fight will still go on, you can lose your gumshield and the fight will go on till the end of the round, the meat market feel of the scene and of the oiling room pre the fight, the lack of recognition and the firece competiton, the doubt whehter the ringside doctor is any good or even if there is one! etc etc etc these are all little things that add up to real full Thai rules that can really get into a and take hold of a fighters head.

Just ignore me when it comes to Petro Yaca, you know what I'm like!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Sponsored Links