View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #144
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

Saw Jackson/Machida for the first time and it could've gone to either man depending how you scored the first.

Rd 1: Machida(close)- Machida has more activity via kicks but Jackson's blows were more impactful. You'll have an inner battle between damage and activity but I thought Machida was a tad more effective

Rd 2: Rampage(clear)- Thought he hurt Machida more and was able to do his best work inside with a few uppercuts. His blows were clearly more meaningful and he did more to win the rd. Knees to the body were his bread and butter and he was able to press Machida against the cage more thus commanding the standing grapples.

Rd 3: Machida(clear)- Not much happened early as they were still trying to figure out which range they should attack at. Rampage missing with wild hooks and as usual abandons kicks. Machida explodes and does the better work in a flurry and not too soon after is able to take him down to be in the dominate positions on the ground.

Wish the fight was longer as I was let down expecting it to go 5 rds but forgot 5 rds had 3 mins. Love both fighters and wish they're able to finish their careers on a high note. Fun fight imo and I still may get the dvd. Was worth watching to me as I'm a supporter of both.
techks is offline  Top