View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #12
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Marquez vs Erik Morales (Featherweight)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Morales by UD, he takes the better shot, hits a little harder, has the reach & the footwork + an excellent jab... JMM is best when boxing from range, he can brawl too but much prefers his technical boxing... he will find Morales extremely difficult to outbox from distance & I`d always fancy the grit, toughness, drive & workrate Of El Terrible in a firefight.

No matter how Marquez approaches the fight, Morales can match him... Morales is better at going up & down the gears to suit the pace of the fight, he can also set his own pace extremely well... there`s nothing JMM can do to have a big advantage in this fight... he`d give Morales a great fight, it wouldn`t be a domination, never in a million years, but my money would be on a Morales UD prime for prime.

I think Marquez is a tad overrated as a boxer on here... Morales has always been underrated as a technicial boxer, JMM wouldn`t outbox Morales at 126 lbs, especially not the best versions of El Terrible (vs Barrera 2 & Ayala)

Morales W12 Marquez

I think Marquez hits considerably harder above feather. I think his more patient and less aggressive style back in the day would see him outworked by El Terrible in a great fight.

Nowadays Marquez would beat the living shit out of him.
Flea Man is offline  Top