Old 08-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #618
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: ESB ATGs Muay Thai / KickBoxing fighters Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
I would love to know how Petrosyan lost his fight against Buakaws former gym mate Nonthanan Por. Pramuk. I imagine it was in the clinch or was beaten in kicking exchanges. Or both. their is a posibility that it was a bad decision. but for me I think Petro is just not as suited for the thai stadiums as he is for the japanesee and european kickboxing circuit. Relized that and made the switch.

I guess I feel like Petro doesnt get appreciated like he used to on this forum. So I thought I should come to his defence a little bit. I also think Buakaw should have won against petrosyan when the two faced eachother in 2007 it was close but clear. In thailand it would have been even more clear, but even under kickboxing rules Buakaw should have won it. Besides that fight though Petro has been untouchable maybe people want to see him tested again...

Congratulations on the baby Boran, and welcome back!
Thanks for the congrats Yaca.

I'm not too surprised about Petro's loss against a quality Thai in Lumpini especially as this was the first time he fought a higher class Thai in Thailand. His previous win in Samui against a Thai who was cannon fodder really, not a quality opponet. Fighting farang MT guys and Thais is different, it takes time to get used to it. I know he'd fought Thais before in Europe but that's a different ball game with out all the Thai variables I mentioned above and where were those guys in thier careers if they were in Europe in the early 2000s. I've still never seen that fight, I must be able to find it somewhere on the net.

Petro gets alot of deserved respect on here still especialy from the casuals, it's just us jungly MT diehards that are blasphemous!
boranbkk is offline  Top