View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #20
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chael Sonnen is already talking crap to Jon Jones on twitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Did you see Forrest's last two fights? Have you heard the way that he's been talking in interviews for the past year? He's done. He's declined physically, and he's so disillusioned by the fact that he's on the downside of his career that he's not even training properly anymore.

This shit is so transparent that it's not even funny. Zuffa gives Fael an easy fight for his return to 205, and barely a day later, he starts attacking Jones through social media and on UFCTV (Fuel). If (when) Sonnen beats Griffin and Jones gets through Henderson and the Machida rematch, look for Zuffa to hype this up as a bullshit "grudge match" sometime next Spring.
Chael will keep running his mouth to rope in the casual fans, and everybody will get a nice payday after Jones stomps a mudhole in his ass.

Zuffa has basically set up all of Jones' title fights through the end of 2013: Hendo, Machida, Sonnen and the winner of Gustafsson/Rua (probably Gus if Shogun shows up in the same condition that he did against Vera).
I disagree with a lot of this. Styles make fights, and I don't see how this appears to be so favorable to you. Griffin is a big man that wears his opponents down, and isn't a slouch in the grappling department. It's not like Sonnen has vastly superior hand speed and a good punch. That's Griffin's kryptonite.

This is a good match-up for Griffin, especially if this a 5 round fight. I hope Sonnen is the betting favorite. I think Griffin takes this.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top