View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #45
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Of the 80's Fab four, Duran, Hearns. Hagler and Leonard..Which is your favorite!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky42791 View Post
aww man, lets see

Duran-is definitely my favorite, immaculate as a lightweight with his only loss (dejesus) being avenged twice by KO. Comes up to welter beats an undefeated young, ****y Ray Leonard. Brutalized Davey Moore after people were sure his career was over. First of Hagler's title defenses to take him the full 15 in a very very close fight for the middleweight title. Has another resurrection against a ferocious young tough Iran Barkley fresh off of a devastating knockout of Thomas Hearns. Won a split decision and dropped Barkley in the fight. Fought from 68-01. The definition of Machismo. Manos de Piedra hands of stone!

Well said about all the fighters...Thanyou

Hagler was a badass with an iron chin,power,will. He was very tough tough rugged guy. I loved how intense he was with his war hats and "going to jail" during training. He's really one of a kind. I love how he realized he cant let fights go in the hands of the judges after the first antuofermo fight. He was stoic, he didnt talk much. He talked with his fists in the ring.

Sugar Ray-I respect sugar ray and enjoy watching his fights very much. He could do it all. Speed, power, combinations, movement you name it he was very well rounded and could punch. However his charisma and bravado kind of turn me off. Being as Duran is my #1 its hard to love sugar ray. But goddamnit I respect the man! He's just kind of too flashy/cute for me. I do like it when he punched though.

Tommy Hearns- Tommy Hearns comes last on my list but that doesn't mean I dont like Tommy. His fights were always exiting win lose or draw. His straight right was a Weapon of Mass DESTRUCTION. I've never seen anyone with that build and that weight punch like he did. Tommy was a little chinny and i tend to prefer durable fighters but, this did add to the exitement of his fights. He damn near killed Duran who had an Iron Jaw.
I really love what you had to say about Leonard..
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top