View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 06:03 AM   #58
Nate 2011
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Of the 80's Fab four, Duran, Hearns. Hagler and Leonard..Which is your favorite!?

[quote=TheSouthpaw;13603717]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate 2011 View Post
Sugar Ray Leonard hands down was my all time favorite. Meanwhile the exact order I would rate these four fighters in goes precisley:

Sugar Ray Leonard
Marvelous Marvin Hagler
Tommy "Hit Man" Hearns
Roberto Duran

All were great fighters that were involved in one of boxings many great matches of all time, including against each other, and they were all big time CCT/PPV high rated events, especially Sugar Ray Leonard's fights.[/quoteYa but puttin Duran last is a bols statement..

Ya but puttin Duran last on that laist is a bold statement..
Maybe, but at least I have him on there and like the others I acknowledge him as a great fighter of that era and any era for that matter/P.F.P the greatest all-time Latino fighter, but keep in mind that Duran didn't exactly have a winning record against his three peers. His record against them overall is 1-4, the one win of course coming in the first fight with Leonard which went the 15-round distance. And if you throw in his January, 1982 HBO fight with that era's #5 guy and H.O.F. Wilfred Benitez that would make it 1-5, but for the fair sake of the articles title will stick with the top four and say 1-4.
Nate 2011 is offline  Top