View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #59
Nate 2011
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Of the 80's Fab four, Duran, Hearns. Hagler and Leonard..Which is your favorite!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
One thing that really annoys me about Leonard. The two titles from two different weights in one fight against Lalonde. Thats what you call cheating. You need to have to separate fights to achieve such a feat. Many other fighters work their ass off in two separate fights to win titles in two different weight divisions.

Anyone who supports and justifies Leonard as a legitimate 5 weight world champion needs to have a look in the mirror.

I actually rate Mayweather as a legit 5 weight world champion with alphabet belts. Leonard, I don't.
While I don't neccessarily agree with your theory on the matter I'll respect your personal opinion and perception on how Sugar Ray Leonard's feat of Donny LaLonde for the WBC Lightheavyweight & WBC SuperMiddlewight belts to become a 5-time champion, which was contested at least at a fair catchweight when you consider that 168 is the actual weight limit for SuperMiddleweight and LaLonde who usually weighed no more than 172 for his fights any way agreed to it, in your eyes was cheating. But if you can't justify Leonard's accomplishment as a 5-time division world champion or for that matter the way that he did it then I know that you can't nor don't recognize Manny Pacquiao as a legitimate 8-time division world champion.
Nate 2011 is offline  Top