View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #67
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Of the 80's Fab four, Duran, Hearns. Hagler and Leonard..Which is your favorite!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate 2011 View Post
While I don't neccessarily agree with your theory on the matter I'll respect your personal opinion and perception on how Sugar Ray Leonard's feat of Donny LaLonde for the WBC Lightheavyweight & WBC SuperMiddlewight belts to become a 5-time champion, which was contested at least at a fair catchweight when you consider that 168 is the actual weight limit for SuperMiddleweight and LaLonde who usually weighed no more than 172 for his fights any way agreed to it, in your eyes was cheating. But if you can't justify Leonard's accomplishment as a 5-time division world champion or for that matter the way that he did it then I know that you can't nor don't recognize Manny Pacquiao as a legitimate 8-time division world champion.
Do you agree with the way he did it? It was Leonard's idea, not Lalonde's.

Two titles, two different weights, one fight. I'll ask you this. With the current climate of alphabet world titles belts going around, 4 or 5 champions in one weight division, the WBA having super-champions, etc, etc, etc, how would you feel if this two titles from two different weights in one fight was common?

This is worse than someone ducking an opponent.

Two titles from two different weights. It's a no brainer. You need to fight in two fights to accomplish this.

Same as working two weeks to get two weeks wages. Not one week to get two weeks wages.
Robbi is offline  Top