View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #88
Ricky42791
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2835
Default Re: Of the 80's Fab four, Duran, Hearns. Hagler and Leonard..Which is your favorite!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
@Ricky42791...What do you think of Leonard and Haglers fight!?..You agree with most people about the decision?
Oh man, I've watched this fight a couple of times and keep in mind that I prefer the brawler to the boxer. I really think hagler threw away a lot of those early rounds when he stood orthodox and tried to box with Leonard. He seemed very slow, but his punches were thrown with bad intentions. Ray was a showman and I dont believe he had Hagler hurt at any point during the fight but he threw those flashy combinations and flurries and danced around and obviously seemed to get under hagler's skin. Ray didnt take the fight to Hagler, he was retreating the whole time so he didn't necessarily take the champions belt convincingly but I thought he did enough to get the decision. Hagler just wasnt himself that night and he needed to be all over leonard from the opening bell. Still a very close fight but sugar ray seemed to win a close decision in my opinion.
Ricky42791 is offline  Top