Old 08-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #9432
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Man I played league from 6 to 17.... All the way up to second division in group 4 for the north tamworth bears. In our case we had huge koori kids. One kid ****** neane had a ****ing goatee at 11 and would have dropped even a grown man. It got so boring because the big kid would get it, run the whole field and score with 8 opposition members hanging off him. One year we played with weight restrictions and there was essentially two comps. It was much better. No longer were kids getting smashed out on the wing and breaking bones or being reluctant to play for fear of injury.

Some cunt must have cried racism though because it went back to what It was the next year

I've had this argument with a mate a few times & i've come to accept there is an argument for both sides

He was always a big kid & went on to play at a pretty high level & i've said that i support a weight aligned competition & he always shouts me down by saying "how do you expect kids to learn?" & that the cream will rise to the top, he reckons smaller kids have to earnt their stripes against the bigger kids & thatit gives them the required ticker to go on & become better players & i can see his point, but then again, not all kids want to be elite players

I think you have to possibly let the more mature kids who can handle it play against the big kids & let the less confident play at weight for age
wide_open_road is offline  Top