Old 09-04-2012, 02:41 AM   #31
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: golovkin or pirog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthefightgame View Post
i like both but what i cant stand is people comparing govolkin to kostya tsyzu he would get a boxing lesson before being ktfo. i have seen alot of posts stating that he is as good as kostya at that age thats a joke. i think pirog & govolkin is a pickem fight very close but very different styles want to see how govolkin goes when he gets hit hard a few times because really he has fought average fighters. cheers guys
Golovkin had a better amateur career than Tszyu and not many people can say that. They both won Gold at the World Amateur Championships but Golovkin also won the World Junior Championships and Olympic Silver. He had more wins, half as many losses and beat alot more boxers who went on to become good professionals.

He's nowhere close to Tszyu at the same age in the pros but Kostya was beating former World Champions in his 4th pro fight and was Champion in his 14th!! Almost no one has had the success in their pro career as early as Tszyu did plus Golovkin was without a promoter in legal limbo for two years. Golovkin is alot more skilled than people are giving him credit for but time and more world class opponents will display that.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links