View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #12
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Old school training routines seem to be the simplest and most effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big N Bad View Post
i've noticed the old school guys dont have any S&C coaches and no set routines yet are always progressing even more so than the guys who have strict so called advanced routines.

in my time watching boxing for more than a few years now, calzaghe has the best stamina and work rate i have ever seen and he used simple joe frazier style training.

heres george foremans routine.
http://articles.latimes.com/1995-11-...george-foreman
again, plenty of running, woodchopping and bagwork, plenty of sparring and some weights.
but what interested me was how little george ate for a big guy, unless the few times a fay he did eat, they must have been large potions.

looking at big george, he never got tired in his second career. always punching, coming forward and had power from round 1 - 12.

and then you get todays guys, eating 7000 calories, waking up in the middle of the night to drink protein shakes cos their S&C told them depriving them of their sleep (wtf)! doing really explosive workouts day in day out, getting injured in training because of it AND still tiring out during the fight.

jim jeffries must have been right when he said 'you'd be surprised how little a big man could eat and still be strong' and his routine and diet was similar to big george' and you know who tough and durable JJ was!
Let's all do 300 sit-ups and jog for 12 miles a day instead... Pointless stuff.
Nipple is offline  Top