View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #38
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Andrzej Fonfara

http://www.ringpolska.pl/andrzej-fon...pada-o-pas-ibo

Boxing fans will not be bored in November – after HW Mariusz Wach faces Wladimir Klitschko, Andrzej Fonfara (22-2, 12 KO) will fight for the Light Heavyweight title. His opponent for the vacant IBO LHW belt will be Tommy Karpency (21-3, 14 KO).

After a win against Glen Johnson, which put the 25 year old Pole on the map of serious LHW contenders, many fans thought that Andrzej will get a weaker opponent, as a tune-up, but Fonfara and his team have said repeatedly, that they're not interested in fighting weaker guys. There were talks with WBO champion Nathan Cleverly (24-0, 11 KO) and Allanem Greenem (31-4, 21 KO), but team Fonfara finally agreed to fight for the IBO belt.

Even though this organisation is not as well known as the Big Three (WBA, WBC, IBF), becoming International Boxing Organization would give Andrzej a much better bargaining position for future fights in a weight catagory that Andrzej has won 10 of his last fights."I've already started training camo, just like before the Glen Johnson fight a 10 week camp, we'll go through everything with my team – from conditioning to tactics and technique. This is my first title fight, and I have to make it so it's the first of many. There's no other way”, said Fonfara.

TV issues, which is important for the swelling number of the Pole's fans, of who will air Fonfara – Karpency are not yet decided. One of the options is to air it on Showtime Next Generation, a series of cards showing the up and comers of boxing.

how do you see this one going?
damian38 is offline  Top