Old 09-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Mundine's own country has written him off (again), people dismiss him as "done" or "wasted talent". People want to see him retire, they want him to **** off and shut up.
Mandy has brought on much of this himself, he was a great athlete and he pissed it away after the Green win.

I do regard him as done at the top level, but he can easily continue to fight B level fighters and go ok.

Do I want him to retire? Don't really care now, he's not significant enough any more to make any impact on what happens in OZ boxing.
Quote:
I am sure Mundine can see the vultures of Australian boxing eyeing his dodgy hip and banking on him having poor punch resistance.
It's only the truth.
Quote:
Mundine would fight Geale for pride, he isn't ready to relinquish his throne just yet and as men we should get that.
I get it, but is it the truth? I doubt it.
Quote:
Geale is the new darling of Australian boxing, humble, respectful and talented.
Now this is the truth.
Quote:
Despite this he knows that everyone knows that "the man" had his scalp, that despite the plaudits he is a victim of Choc and always will be despite what he does. Geale needs to stop the whispers and redress the past, fight for revenge.
It seems that Geale himself wants the fight, but it doesn't look like either team does.

Myself, I don't really care either way.
My preference would be to continue where he's going and fight Martinez, etc.
But if he did fight Mandy in between the big fights, then so be it. Get it out of the way.
Quote:
We as a forum are arguing about the wrong things, who cares about who makes what.
True.
Quote:
The fact is when the first bell goes all we will be left with is pride against revenge, Mundine and Geale won't be giving a **** about money then - it will all be about the win.
Very true.
I just don't think it will happen.
Sox is offline  Top