Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #35
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Re: Paul Heyman backs Brock Lesnar as UFC Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
I would post more in details the day you finish our 4 previous argument...

BUT...FYI....

Bold part arn't CONTEXT. Bold part are

1) you using a stupid criteria

and

B)taking excuse from a fighter....AGAIN....even though you said that's not the kind of thing you would do....
Fair enough, it's true. I just threw his sickness in for the sake of it. It does have nothing to do with his HOF credentials.

Quote:
Context is when you check when he won and defended it's title, those years were weak for the HW division in the UFC. THAT'S CONTEXT.
No weaker than the UFC HW division ever was up till now. And two of Brock's title fight victories were against a guy who is already in the HOF plus a guy who you yourself say deserves to be in there.

Quote:
I'm not hating the guy, I hate Mir(and Mir deserve to be in the HOF, not Lesnar), I hate Sonnen,

I hate Nick Diaz and Melvin Guillard*.

Quote:
I just think Lesnar is irrelevant in MMA
If you're writing a history of the UFC, pretty much you can't do it without giving Brock his own chapter.

Quote:
he surfed his WWE fame and manage to bring shit load of HIS fan (not MMA fans, maybe some of them sticked and watch MMA, but most of them left with Lesnar) to watch the sport for the time he was there...nothing more, nothing less.
That's bullshit. Plenty of guys who don't give a **** about WWE playfighting tuned in to watch Brock in the UFC. I didn't give a shit about Brock in the WWE, or even know who he was. Neither did three of my friends, but we all got excited to see the cartoonishly enormous pro wrestling champion actually try to kick the ass of a top-level heavyweight fighter for real. That's exciting stuff for most guys, and you sure as hell don't need to care about pro wrestling to want to see it.

Quote:
If you think that's HOF worthy then....your an idiot.
Headlined four out of the top-six selling PPVs in the sport's history, but he doesn't make the cut for the Hall of Fame. Who's the idiot?

Quote:
I miss the days when HOF meant that you actually did something in a sport, not just use your popularity to get a title shot.
Winning three title fights doesn't mean you "did something" in a sport?

All Brock did in his MMA career was use his popularity to get a title shot? He didn't justify his shot by winning it inside the distance, and then winning two more title fights by stoppage? Including avenging a previous loss to a former champion and future HOFer?

Quote:
But who cares after all...it's just MMA, not like this is a serious sport...
http://www.randomfunnypictures.org/f...ture-16009.jpg

* I don't hate Melvin. I always like to see him on a card, and I have no ill-feeling towards the guy. He's an exciting fighter. But for some reason I love seeing him look incredible, then do something stupid, run into a big shot and get KOed or submitted.
Haggis McJackass is offline  Top