View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
Pete Tong

vCash: 500
Default Re: What do you expect out of Rory MacDonald?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Seems that a lot of people have basically anointed him as the future WW champion. And he certainly looks the goods so far.

What do you expect him to do in his career?

He's still at the stage where he could turn out to be a total bust. Or he could end up being GSPv2.

I just watched his fight with Nate for the first time, and that was great. Nate has no business at WW. Once it got to the 3rd and Diaz was tired, it was hilarious to see Rory repeatedly pick him up like a child and fling him into row 6 with no apparent effort. The look on Nates face when he got picked up for the second and third time like "oh shit, here I go again" was priceless.

But where do you stand on the guy? What level of achievement is your early prediction for him as he approaches his first real top-of-the-card showcase fight?

He's definitely got the skills to evolve into a future WW Champion you would think, but there's a lot of things that could happen to him.

I think he's maybe two fights away from the rematch with the Natural Born Killer.

I'd like to see him in against Johny Hendricks, think that would be a real test of character for MacDonald.
Pete Tong is offline  Top