View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #14
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Anderson ever fight Chris Weidman?

I think this is a fight they may be trying to build up to ? Silva is obviously the most dominant Champion in the history of the UFC and possibly all of MMA and Weidman looks like a guy who could very well take this divison over when Silva either A leaves or B retires. Weidman is looking better and more well rounded with each passing fight and looked like a killer vs Munoz basically destroying him in every department of the game.

Fact is though hes only had what 4 UFC fights ? I just see this as something they wanna build. If Bisping beats Stann and Anderson doesnt fight GSP ive been expecting Bisping to get a title shot, just a feeling ive had for awhile. In that time I could see Weidman destroying Boetsch adding that name to his resume but the UFC trying to make a bigger star out of him by maybe matching him up with Rich Franklin (if he gets past Cung Le). Rich is still a pretty darn good fighter especially if hes coming in on a win streak, he is the former Champ and hes still a guy who sells tickets and headlines fights.
jimmie is offline  Top