View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #54
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Cotto vs Trout Press Conference, Info, Analysis and Updates!

http://cdn1.ringtv.craveonline.com/i...cozzone630.JPG

Quote:
When undefeated junior middleweight Austin Trout defends his WBA "regular" belt against three-division titlewinner Miguel Cotto at New York's Madison Square Garden on Dec. 1, he will be returning to his family's roots.
"I have a lot of family there in Brooklyn and in Queens, so I've been there many before. My mother, M.J. Trout, she's from there. She was born in Brooklyn, and she's looking forward to going back there and seeing family. My grandparents live there. I have aunts and uncles there and cousins," said Trout (25-0, 14 knockouts), a southpaw who lives in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
"Plus, my promoter, Greg Cohen, he's from there. I've been to New York quite a bit in my lifetime. I'm actually part Panamanian too, so we have some relatives in Harlem as well. And here is an interesting fact: My third cousin is [former Minnesota twins and California Angeles first baseman] Rod Carew. So I'm expecting probably around 50 or more people from my family, maybe even 70 to be at the fight."
An underdog, Trout will need all of the support that he can muster against Cotto (37-3, 30 KOs), whom he will meet at The Garden where the Puerto Rican fighter is 7-0 with four knockouts.
Cotto, who turns 32 in October, is 9-0 overall with five stoppage wins in New York, having scored stoppages of Zab Judah and Antonio Margarito, and decisions over Paulie Malignaggi, Shane Mosley and Joshua Clottey in fights that have all taken place at The Garden.
By the time Cotto enters the ring opposite Trout, it will have been nearly a year to the day since Cotto came up with his third straight stoppage victory over Margarito on Dec. 3 to avenge the first loss of his career.
Trout is coming off a unanimous decision over Delvin Rodriguez in June that followed a Showtime-televised sixth-round stoppage of Frank LoPorto last November.
Trout, who turned 27 on Sept. 18, said that his relatives are arguing in his favor against local naysayers who do not believe he can be victorious against Cotto.
"They're going to bat for me. They've been going at it with their co-workers and and their neighbors and whatnot. But it's all out of love, you know? I'm hoping that they're all going to be there," said Trout.

"Because they're going to be able to go to work with pride the Monday after the fight and say, 'that was my cousin,' and, 'where's my money. Give me my money, because I told your a-- he was going to win."
Golden Boy Promotions has scheduled a press conference for Monday in New York on the city's Museum Mile at the El Museo Del Barrio at 1230 Fifth Avenue in New York. Doors will be open to the public at 11:30 a.m., with the press conference to begin at 12:30 p.m.
Source: http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/1...ork-homecoming
Da Boxer is offline  Top