View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 01:59 AM   #31
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: why did Belfort go down there at the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillinja View Post
This was a decent but pointless post, the guy claimed jon jones had the best gnp of all time and i pulled him up on it as i don't agree ( you also seem not to agree as you mention how can you claim anyone to be the best gnp fighter of all time), your points about nobody being able to stop his gnp are weak imo, he has not faced a wide enough variety of fighters or high enough quality at respective points to make such claims.
Wow. Fights in last year and a half: Rua, Rampage, Machida, Evans, Belfort (should have been Henderson) Stopped 4 of the 5. No variety? Not enough quality? Care to name a fighter than has had a better run than that?

And I didn't say he was the best GNP fighter of all time as it is just one tool in his toolbox. I stated he has the most efficient and effective GNP as he can land it from the very first bell against top named opponents and they can't do shit to stop it whereas some other, more ferocious GNPers in the past would/could only use it when finishing an already hurt or tired opponent. Look, I don't think it's the best in terms of exciting to watch as it is not wild and all out brutality but I think it is the best in terms of he can use it against everyone at any time in a fight and he doesn't gas himself out and he doesn't miss. It is a more refined version than the GNP of old and I don't see a way around it for the guys that have to fight him.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Sponsored Links