View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #33
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: why did Belfort go down there at the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillinja View Post
This was a decent but pointless post, the guy claimed jon jones had the best gnp of all time and i pulled him up on it as i don't agree ( you also seem not to agree as you mention how can you claim anyone to be the best gnp fighter of all time), your points about nobody being able to stop his gnp are weak imo, he has not faced a wide enough variety of fighters or high enough quality at respective points to make such claims.
your forgetting that GnP has EVOLVED leaps and bounds since the OLD DAYs of Coleman, Kerr, Fedor etc. As well who is it that you feel has SUPERIOUR GnP skills to Jon Jones? Take a guy like Brock Lesner, his GnP is pretty good all things considered BUT how good is he at IMPOSING it upon the TOP tier guys? Carwin? Cain ? Reem ? No i didnt say that Brocks GnP was GREAT, i use him as a point. If ONE cant IMPOSE there GnP on another then their GnP is not that GOOD correct ? Can and does Jon Jones have TROUBLE imposing his GnP on his opponents ? When he goes down does he have TROUBLE remaining in CONTROL on the GROUND while pounding ? The answer is NOT as much as most if not all of the other top tier guys correct ? One could argue that CAINs GnP is top notch however, there again, it didnt help him against JDS who was just too fast for Cain. Jones is also fast however, rather than JDS's style he does so with great striking AND great GnP skills of his own. That makes his GnP even better.
latineg is offline  Top