View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #56
Punisher73
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: White to UFC 152 critics, boo-birds: 'Don't ever buy another UFC pay-per-view aga

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Except tickets are selling as PPV numbers have dwindled in what has been a disastrous year for the UFC. Likewise the assumption that the UFC/WWE fan base are the same is also spurious. If what has certainly been a poor year for Zuffa represents calculated planning -bearing in mind the numbers have been very poor this year off the back of routine cancelled fights and even cancelled shows- then most fans obviously aren't as clued up as yourself.
Likewise they're the only marquee Org left in MMA because of their aggressive business strategy which is now seeing the UFC have a very rough year. But you think they're still a draw?
To the average person, yes the UFC is IT for MMA. Only those who really follow the sport are aware of other organizations, and there is the perception that you aren't an "A level fighter" unless you are in the UFC.

I agree that assuming the UFC/WWE fan base is the same thing is not good. I have watched MMA/NHB since the beginning in the early 90's. I can't stand TUF and how the hype the thug type persona (ala Chris Leben) and I think that it turns away alot of other people as well that only think MMA=Thugs due to shows like that.

White has made repeated comments about McMahon being his model. Trouble is that McMahon is running a scripted show and the fans are "in on the plot" so to speak when he insults them etc.

I still think that whatever White says is calculated and not the ranting of some out of control person. He is putting on a persona like it or not.
Punisher73 is offline  Top