View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #23
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Does anybody still believe Kung Fu is effective in a real fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evalistinho View Post
I have always felt although more brutal and effective than western boxing, boxing teaches better footwork, judgement of distance, and angles than Muay Thai. I could be wrong though
It's a strange thing to do to compare boxing and MT like that, both equally effective disciplines born of the same womb, but I'll play along.

Sure, your right evalistinho "boxing teaches better footwork, judgement of distance, and angles" if your talking about fighting purely with fists, only two weapons. However,Muay Thai "boxing teaches better footwork, judgement of distance, and angles" if your talking about stand up fighting with eight weapons.

They are both equally valid and effective sports, however one is more restrictive than the other. I hate mythical match ups, I really do, but I'm gonna use one to highlight a point.

Floyd Jr and Buakaw or the guy in my avatar Aikpracha basically fight at the same weight. If Floyd fights either of those guys restricted to just fists sure Floyd's shoulder roll wins the day, but.....if things are unrestricted FTRs whose "footwork, judgement of distance, and angles
" are gonna win the day?!

You know how Floyd likes to stand heavily angled away from his opponent in a wide stance with say around 50% of his weight on his lead leg, well remember what happened when Buakaw met Takayuki for the first time in K-1 Max 2004.........

Last edited by boranbkk; 09-28-2012 at 03:33 PM.
boranbkk is offline  Top