View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #2485
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3600
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
Lujan, Vasquez, Canizalez and Perez all boxed in my lifetime as well you know and were all very good fighters.
so what makes Jofre , Olivares , Harada , Rose better than them ? or gr8er ? or anything ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
Statistics are part of the game as you say, but they don't always tell the whole story.
Fighting away from home, I agree with you, it makes a big difference but Jofre did box on the road as did Rose (how someone who knows boxing can call him a borderline bum I'll never know), Harada not so much.
Who did Jofre fight away from home ? 7 times overall he lost 2 decisions 2 Harada . He has 1 possibly big win away from home against Medel .
But Medel also gets over8ed and in fact was shakier and less consistent than Vazquez 4 example .
Medel probably was good but gets over8ed .

all based on d ignored fact that d 118 title switched hands in a descending order of quality from Jofre 2 Harada 2 Rose (probably 118's all time low) and then Olivares was a step up but due 2 big rise from d obscene depth gets over8ed . But even Olivares won d title from n extremely drained fighter whom even was d weakest link in d not so strong even otherwise chain .

Bernardo Caraballo lost all of his big outings by KO .

Maybe except 1 which he either still lost / won by decision or just 1 out of 6 that he had something going his way if that 1 time happened at all .
frankenfrank is offline  Top