View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #392
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by casian72 View Post
Im not saying Floyd has no fault. He shares the responsibility with Manny and Arum for failure to make the fight.

And this is boxing, not some technology company merger. Insult, accusations, heresay, berating opponents, its all part of the game.

I believe both Floyd and Manny wanted and still want the fight. Floyd has always insult ed and accused his opponents of some shit or another. I feel that like those fighters Manny wanted to settle the score in the ring but was, in his mind, legitimately concerned about how the test would affect him.

This is were Arum took over. I strongly feel that Arum conviced Pac, to instead of continuing negotiating the cutoff for testing, to move on and fight Clottey. He also pushed Manny to file the suit, because Manny doesnt seem like the type to be filing lawsuits over shit like that. He would let his fist do the talking.

From this point forward chaos ensued and the blame game went into high gear.

In all these years of attempted negotiations, Arum has reigned supreme in excuse making and placing obstructions for the fight to be made.

If you analyze the negotiations thouroughly and without bias you will come to the conclusion that Manny is probably least at fault for the fail negotiations. Then comes Floyd but the bulk of the blame squarely lies on Arum's shoulders.

This.
Florez is online now  Top