View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #6
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Does Amir Khan's personality and arrogance have a lot to do with you disliking hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
Does it?

I read a lot of posters bashing Khan on various sites because here is a young fighter who was knocked out twice, and only complain instead of attempting to fix his mistakes. He acts arrogant and talks like he is a super star.

Now say he was humble and quiet nature. Will there be a lot less back lash and negativity? I mean he does have talent and is willing to slug it out with anyone.
Got lots of heart, just a bad chin and low ring IQ.
This is why. Amir is probably the fastest fighter around his weight class. Of course Floyd's speed went to a new level against Cotto, despite getting touched up, and being sloppy defensively. But take him out of the equation. Khan is the fastest. Because he is so fast, he thinks it equates to skills, then ultimatly overrates himself. He always talks about how he can beat Floyd. I believe his style would cause Floyd problems, but the concept of Khan saying his style would cause Floyd problems, bothers me. Its like dude, your not as good as you think. So you always hope for a guy to come and prove to him that he's not that great. The Peterson fight had me shouting like a school girl. But the garcia fight. Man NO one saw that KO Coming. I went ballistic and started breaking things out of excitement. I busted my tail lights and didnt mind having to pay to get them fixed, and walking to work.
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top