Old 10-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Buakaw Banchamek to meet Manny Pacquiao in the Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
Edit: I miss the "friendly amateur" part. I suppose it's more of a play? Not very interesting if you ask me. But whatever floats your boat. I want to see a real fight in which both fighters are allowed to use their strengths (basically an MMA match)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
I heard during his younger days he did a bit of Muay Thai training. Makes sense, since he was in Thailand fighting a lot of Thai boxers. I'm sure it's very basic though. Who do you think wins in an MMA match? Could be interesting.
It floats my boat as I'm a fan off both and its as intersting as it is unexpected, to me anyway. It'll be interesting just watching how they interct with each other out of the ring let alone in the ring even if it is really just a light spar and a boxing lesson for Buakaw.

In answer to you question in a MMA bout who wins? Well, one seasoned champion fighter with two weapons takes on another sesoned champion fighter with 8 weapons....you do the math.....

About Pac's expereince in Thailand, it doesn't work like you say. When a Pinoy boxer gets flown over to fight a Thai (which happens regularly) he is flown out no earlier than a week, usually does the press conference in a hotel for the Thai media, given a pair of Twinns boxing shorts, fights and before he's had time to get to the top floor of MBK he's on a plane home. Not enough time to learn how to say kick in Thai let alone how to throw onen. He was never based in Thailand and I think only fought there a handful of times.

I'd say that's an boxing Urban Myth.
boranbkk is offline  Top