View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #62
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 740
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Good thread.

I can see Floyd and Martinez attempting to hypnotize one another in different ways (Martinez with movement and hands down, trying to draw Floyd in to counter with the right hook or straight left. I could also see Floyd staying rooted to ring center, and focusing his attack on the body with the straight right, before attempting to follow up by stepping around with a hook. Or, FMJ might feint the jab downstairs and try to drop the right in on Sergio as the latter tries to jump in with the counter.

Since neither fighter is likely to land consistently on other at any point, this is likely to come down to which fighter is capable of landing the cleaner and more eye catching shots. And, even though both fighters like to pot-shot and make their shots count, if you put a gun to my head and ask me to tell you which fighter I liked to eke out a decision in a tactical chess-match like this, I'd go with Floyd, since his whole style is predicated on landing cleaner than his opponent.

Would love to see this fight happen. It would be a serious feather in the cap for the fighter got the victory.
Drew101 is offline  Top