View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #2512
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 0
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Amado Ursua KO2 Hilario Zapata

Pretty good pace to start the fight, in a manner that I didn't expect to see. Zapata was the one coming forward stalking his shorter foe and attempting to strafe him with combinations, and Ursua staying back and winging rights whenever an unusally aggressive Zapata got too close. Panterita did a good job of getting under Zapata's attacks in the first, and landed with a couple of glancing blows but Hilario starts to find his range in the last 30 seconds to so and lands just enough to take the round on my card. 10-9 Zapata

And then the second round begins and things go ****ing crazy.

Shortly after the round begins, Ursua catches Zapata coming in with a big right hand, and then a follow-up hook deposits him onto the seat of his trunks. Zapata rises, and Ursua rumbles forward, winging wide punches and looking for the finish. But it's Zapata who lands the big punch, dropping Ursua onto his haunches with a sweet hook for an uncredited KD. Ursua rises but is still hurt, and Zapata spends the 30-45 seconds beating him around the ring. Ursua lands another huge right, forcing Zapata to hold on , but Amada still appears to be in rough shape, especially after Zapata nails him with a nasty rabbit punch. Ursua backs up, and Zapata storms forward...only to run into a sick, sick right hand that drops him onto his back for the picturesque KO.

Stupid fight from Hilario, but it made for quite the spectacle, I must say. Round 2 of this fight gets added to my list of favorite stanzas of all time.
Drew101 is offline  Top