View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #25
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fantasy martial arts fight: Buakaw vs Bruce Lee

I'm not picking Bruce Lee, and obviously nobody is as good as there movies. However, people don't give him any credit. Obviously he was fast, trained very hard, was a great athlete, etc. I'm sure if he trained for MMA, kickboxing, etc competitively he could have excelled at it and based on his athletism could have won some fights.
I found it very interesting how Sergio Martinez says he spars only 40 rounds for a fight, and he's ranked P4P #3 as well. Martinez uses other drills, and visualization to make up for the actual fighting. This is Bruce lee's ideals as well. So to completely write this guy off as simply an actor, giving no credit to his dedication, athletism, training, etc is a bit narrow minded. I don't think he steps in the octagon and beats many wrestlers his size, but his style wasn't made for the UFC at any rate. Made for street fighting, and I'd take bruce lee over most 150 pound guys on the street. If a 150 pounder hits the bag for a few weeks, and eats semi healthy he's got a big advantage over 150 pound joe blow walking the streets.
Primenal is offline  Top