Old 10-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #38
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Alvarez did just as well as Cotto did again Gomez. Gomez never won a round or one second in either fight.

"swagger" you like Miguel more power to you but every top level fighter than fought Gomez has the I can beat the world swagger, because they are getting easy work and a payday.

To me after the Zab and Mosley fight Cotto wasn't the same as he was at 140, I think he realized his power wasn't what it was at 140 and he couldn't take the shots well at 147. Which is why I think he started to abandon the body punching he used to be known for.
acually miguel has been looking better after the fight after judah. He knew the fact that he beat the same guy known most for beating de la hoya. Although being a bit past his prime was still quite lively. Emmanuel steward pointed it out, he looked out of character in that fight. If it hurt his confidence he should have looked the same as if he fought urkal but he didnt. This was a completely different cotto he boxed offensively and did go to the body still.

at 140 cotto had a weaker chin, in the gomez fight lampley said cotto's camp's response to gomez saying cotto had a weak chin. He starched himself to make the weight and we all know that draining yourself to make the weight is a sure fire way to get stunned easier.
r1p00pk is offline  Top